Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Training Pit

Well, I totally understand all of the hype that surrounds CrossFit!  It's awesome!

As I mentioned earlier, Greg and I tried CrossFit for the first time tonight.  If you're not familiar with CrossFit, here is how our "box" describes it - "It is a fitness program that combines a wide variety of functional movements into a timed or scored workout. We do pull-ups, squats, push-ups, weightlifting, gymnastics, running, rowing, and a host of other movements."
source
After we met some of the trainers and got a tour of the place, we began the warm-up.  The warm-up consisted of high knees, walking lunges,  and several other moves.  Then the real fun began:  the WOD (workout of the day)

Today's WOD

7 Min AMRAP:
Burpee-Pullups

Rest 5 Minutes

7 Min AMRAP:
10 Floor Press
10 Floor Wipers
10 Sumo DLHP

We started with the second AMRAP first and I was pretty tired after finishing that, but still felt strong.  However, the second AMRAP (burpee-pullups) about killed me.  I felt like passing out afterwards, Greg felt like throwing up haha

We finished with a good stretch session then we were done with our first official CrossFit workout!  I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment