Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 3 of the Rents' Trip

So this morning Grego and I awoke at 5:45 for our 6:35 am 5K (Greg was not a happy camper).

I, on the other hand, was apparently pumped
 We quickly put our running gear on and headed to Spanish River Park where the race began.  The half marathoners took off five minutes before we did.  Then it was go time!

We ran an out and back along A1A and it was beautiful watching the sun come up over the ocean.  Before we knew it, we were crossing the finish line!


It was nice and flat pretty much the whole time and our pace was faster than the usual 10:00-ish min/mile. 

As we were walking back to our car, we caught sight of a dock on the water.  We walked out and it was so beautiful... there was even a rainbow!






We got home, showered, then the rents met us over here.  We walked across the street to a place called The Breakfast Club and it was awesome!  I had a sausage, egg and cheese bagel sandwich with a glass of OJ mhmm just what I was craving.

We then picked up the babygirl and headed up to West Palm Beach.
The three of us ladies in the back
The Breakers Hotel - the famous fancy schmancy resort in Palm Beach

We took A1A on the way back to Boca to show my parents the ridiculous mansions along the water.  I still just can't fathom that there are that many super duper wealthy people in this world.

Mom and I made a quick trip to Target and the fellas watched football and drank brewhas while we were gone. 

By the time we were back, it was dinner time so we went over to a great Mexican restaurant called Uncle Julio's.  And somehow I convinced the other three that we had to go get ice cream afterwards at this fun place down the way.



Grego and I shared a cup of 1 scoop cookie dough cookie and 1 scoop snickers.  Good golly miss Molly it was splendid!

We noticed that the bathroom door is the kind that fogs when you lift the handle... so of course we had to go play with it.


I'm pretty sure you can still see through it slightly so I don't recommend it ;)

It was then time to say goodbye to my parents since they are heading out at 6am tomorrow morning :(  I am so glad they made the trip down here because it was such a blast.  The good news is that I'll see them again in two weeks for Thanksgiving!!!!!

Time for bed, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment