|Asian sesame chicken salad, so light, so good!|
|The croutons are legit|
|Such a delicious lunch|
|Maya being quite the lady while we chow|
For dinner tonight we made a pesto pasta with chicken sausage.
|Easy peasy ingredients|
|Snapped greens beans and sliced chicken sausage|
|Brown up the yummy chicken sausage for 6 to 8 minutes|
|Dump beans and peas into almost done pasta for 3 minutes|
|Mix in the pesto and the sausage|
|Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy the amazingness!|
- 12 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta, adding green beans and peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and return them to the pot
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add sausage and cook until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the sausage, pesto, parmesan, and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and vegetables
- Toss to combine
Off to watch the 5th Harry Potter movie! I finished the last book a few days ago and Greg and I have been on a mission to watch all of the movies ever since.
Enjoy your evening!