Sunday, November 13, 2011

Feelin' Fally

Hey there!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away.  Fall has been quite a different experience for me this year, given that there are no brightly colored leaves falling, the highs are still in the 80's, and we're a mile from the ocean.  Fall is my favorite season and I am so excited to get to North Carolina to enjoy it for a bit!

It's seriously November?
Since I wanted to get in the fall spirit, I decided to bake something using pumpkin today.  I googled all sorts of pumpkin cookies, breads, cakes, etc and settled on trying pumpkin bread.  I consulted a few recipes online as guides, but here's what I came up with:

Quick & Simple Pumpkin Bread


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup veg oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
(We didn't have any cloves on hand, but would be a great addition)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F
  • Spread a thin layer of butter and flour onto loaf pan
  • Mix together pumpkin, egg, sugar, veg oil and water
  • Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices
  • Combine thoroughly
  • Pour batter into pan
  • Bake for 40-50 minutes
  • Enjoy!
Mix up pumpkin, egg, sugar, oil and water
Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices
Bake for 40-50 minutes
 I skyped with my sista while it was baking... she was so jealous she couldn't have some herself ;)

Haaaay gurrrrrl
 47 minutes later.. voila!  Delicious smelling and tasting pumpkin bread
Can't wait to dig in!
I thought the bread turned out great, not too sweet and super moist.  A little more spice and some cloves would have kicked it up a notch though.

If you're looking for an easy pumpkin bread recipe, try this one and let me know how it goes!  I had everything on hand and it only took a few minutes to put together.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment