Sunday, October 30, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Hello there!

I just want to start off by saying that the chicken chili we made yesterday was ah-mazing.  Greg and I both enjoyed round 2 of it for dinner tonight.


So since it was another overcast/rainy day, Greg and I slept in a bit then decided we would finally go check out the Boca Raton Museum of Art.  We've been talking about it since we moved here and today was the day!  



The current exhibition is "The World According to Federico Uribe."  Uribe was born in Colombia and now lives in Miami, where he creates his incredibly innovative sculptures.  He uses everyday objects such as shoes, books, shoelaces, pencils, cardboard, etc. as his mediums.  

I really wish I could have taken pictures inside, but here is one from the Museum's website. (source)

I know it's hard to see, but for example: the bamboo on the wall is made from pages out of books, the alligator from soles of Puma sneakers, the palm frond from shoelaces

It is an incredible exhibition.  I may take my parents to see it while they're here next weekend (yay, soo excited!!)

Last stop was the sculpture garden.

Holding hands with my big green fella



"Donut with Two Balls and Half Moon"

When we got back from the museum, I felt like baking.. I swear my sweet tooth is ridiculous.  So I pulled up a cookie recipe I found online and got to work..

Only had to bake them for 9 minutes
Maya wondering what I was up to in the kitchen... "Mama, more punkin puppy treats I hope"
Fresh out of the oven
Found it interesting that they kept their original plopped shape
Grego enjoyed a few, or five :)
They were delish!!


    After enjoying a few cookies myself, I brewed a fresh pot of afternoon coffee, comfied up on the couch with the babes and watched Something Borrowed.  I read the book by Emily Giffin several years ago and thought the movie was really cute, especially Jim, I mean John Krasinski.

    Gotta love Blockbuster Express!  (FYI: you cannot find a Redbox here, Blockbuster rules South Florida)

    I'm goin' to wrap this up so I can skype with the fam!  Hope you've had a fabulous weekend!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment