Sunday, September 25, 2011

PB & J Smoothie

Today was the perfect Sunday:

I completed my long run for the week, hit the doggy beach with Grego & Maya, took a nap, then finished the night watching Bridesmaids with a mimosa in my hand.  Man, life is rough here in Boca ;)

My long run amounted to 9.5 miles due to some tightening in the chest and a debilitating stitch in my side around mile 8 shortly after I GU-ed.  Those were some unexpected issues, but 9.5 is by far the longest distance these legs have ever covered!!


The closest dog-friendly beach is in Jupiter, which is about a 45 minute drive from here.  It is totally worth the drive because it's such a beautiful beach and Maya gets to play and swim with her proopa friends.

On our way back to Boca we stumbled upon a Red Mango, yogurt/smoothie shoppe, so we stopped in to have smoothies for lunch.  I decided on the "strawberry banana protein" smoothie which was an amazing blend of strawberries, bananas, peanut butter and granola.  They should rename it PB&J... I swear it was like I was drinking a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  And it was delish.  By far the most interesting smoothie I've ever had!

Greg and I watched Bridesmaids again tonight and it is just hilarious.  I'll admit that it was funnier the first time around, but there are three scenes that will make you worry you're going to pee in your pants.  So I suggest everyone go rent it!


I hope everyone had a fab weekend.  This will hopefully be the week I make some progress on the job hunt!

1 comment: