Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ellen is the Bomb Dig

For those of you out there that don't watch Ellen Degeneres' show, you need to go ahead and put it on your DVR list.  Throughout every episode I laugh, I cry, and I forget about everything else.  She is such an inspiration and changes peoples lives everyday.


Yesterday's episode was about a principal at Whitney Elementary in Las Vegas.  Most of the children were homeless and if they had a home, their parents couldn't afford to pay the bills.  Children would take home packets of ketchup from the lunchroom to make ketchup soup at home for dinner.  The principal, Sherrie Gahn, decided to take matters into her own hands and started changing these children's' lives.  She rounded up over 500 donors (including herself) who donate food, supplies and money daily.


Ellen invited Sherrie onto the show, where Target donated $100,000 to the school, along with 600 backpacks for each child.  It was amazing to watch and it makes me want to figure out my life so that I can help people who are less fortunate.  I've lived such an easy life and have been so blessed with an incredible family and the ability to live comfortably without worrying about whether I will have food on the table tomorrow.  This episode really hit hard and I hope that I can dig deep into my heart and soul to come up with a way to help others.  I need to remember to never take anything for granted and always be grateful for what I have and for the supportive and loving people who are in my life.

I think everyone needs this reminder every now and then.  I'm off to do some soul searching...

Don't forget to watch Ellen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment