Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thai Success

Hey guys!  Hope you're having a great week!

If I had to pick a very favorite cuisine, I'd have a tough time deciding between Thai and Cuban.  My Cuban obsession began once I started dating my Cuban soon-to-be hubby, but my adoration of Thai has been around since I can remember.

My grandfather was in the military, therefore my mom's family lived in various places around the world in the 60's and 70's.  They lived in Thailand twice and my mom has loved Thai food since.  She introduced us when we were young and it's always been a fave of mine.

In my opinion, the best Thai restaurant is Rearn Thai in Greensboro.  Greg and I did find a great place in Cary while in college that almost matched Rearn's amazingness.  However, we haven't been as lucky here in south Florida.... until NOW!


While randomly browsing the Groupon website, Greg came across a sweet coupon for a Thai restaurant just south of us in Deerfield Beach called Sri-Thai.  He quickly snagged it up and we went there for dinner Monday night.



It was beyond all of our expectations!!  We started with spring rolls..

 As an entree, Greg had the spicy noodles with beef
 and I had the sweet and sour chicken
 With sweet sticky rice for dessert! (mango is out of season now booo )
Oh my goodness was everything right on point!! I'm thrilled to have an authentic Thai place just five minutes down the road :)

Anyways, I am now sitting at the Fort Lauderdale airport waiting to board my flight to get home to Greensboro!  This weekend is my bachelorette party with my favorite ladies!  WOO HOO!

See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment