Monday, April 30, 2012

My Week With Morgan

Hello and happy Monday!

Today is a little sad over here because my girl Morgan just left to go back to Omaha :(  But the great news is that we had a fabulous time together this week!   Here are the highlights of the week:

I picked Morgan up from the Fort Lauderdale airport around 1:30pm then we came straight to the apartment to drop off her stuff and to visit with Maya.  The baby girl was beyond ecstatic to see her Auntie Morgan again!

Once we got in some serious play time, we hopped back in the car and drove around Boca, Delray and Deerfield.  Before we knew it, it was happy hour time!

First stop was Biergarten where we both enjoyed craft beers & a pretzel:

Then to Kapoww

and finished the evening eating yummy Mexican at Uncle Julio's when Grego met us after work.

We relaxed in the morning then biked down to the beach

We lunched in Deerfield and both had a delicious strawberry daiquiri

Drove up to West Palm Beach to show Morgan the ridiculously ritzy homes and shops (and had a serious photo session - thanks Grego!)

Worth Avenue

I worked from 8 - 3 pm while Greg and Morgan hung out at the apartment.  They picked me up from work and we drove straight to Key Biscayne to pick up our race packets.  We then checked into the hotel (Greg was so sweet and used some points he accumulated through work so that we didn't have to wake up at a crazy hour and make the hour long drive to be at the race start by 6am)

Then it was time for our favorite Cuban restaurant, Versailles!!!!  And man was it amazing as always!

Best mojitos ever

The spread
From there we headed to the brand new Marlins park.  That bad boy is impressive!

We left at the top of the 7th so we could get some rest before our race in the morning!

RACE DAY!  We woke up at 5am to basically a hurriance outside - crazy winds and rain.  We still got ready as planned, not knowing if the race would happen.

By the time we got to Crandon Park where the race started, the rain had calmed down so the race was on!

Waiting for the gun to go off!
See ya in two hours, Grego!
Greg ended up finding us twice before the finish line and got some pics:

It rained all the way through, but we made it!  We ran the entire 13.1 miles and finished in 2:12:09 (average of 10:05 min/mile pace), four minutes faster than our time in the Greensboro half in October! 

Half marathon number two done and done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment