While in Waynesville last weekend, Greg's mom made some amazing white chili and she was sweet to give me a copy of the recipe. I gave it a go for din din tonight and I have to say it was quite a success! It's super easy to make and I think anyone would enjoy it.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can great northern beans, drained
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic in oil until onions are tender
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except chicken
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes
- Stir in chicken, simmer until hot
- Finish with desired toppings (tomatoes, cilantro, cheese, crushed tortilla chips, green onions, avocado, sour cream, etc)
Remember how we bought an adorable little Christmas tree? Well, we managed to fanangle a stand for the little babe and put some lights on her! We also decked out our tiny balcony with lights :)
|Notice the terracotta pot - yep we're creative|
It's beginning to smell like Christmas! If only it were cold and snowy out to make it really feel like Christmas time....
Have a good Saturday night!