Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Day in NC

(I do apologize for the lateness of these last few posts)

Greg and I had planned on leaving Waynesville on Sunday, but I somehow convinced him that we should leave on Monday.  It actually was a brilliant idea since we didn't get caught up in the ridiculous Thanksgiving traffic. 

Before my fam went back to the boro, we had breakfast at Joey's Pancake House in Maggie Valley.  Talk about fan-freaking-tastic breakfast... I had eggs, grits and country ham - delish!

We said our goodbyes to the fam then met up with Greg's dad to go get a Christmas tree.  We picked out one for their house then decided we'd get ourselves a little babe for our tiny apartment!




Greg's family lives in a beautiful part of the mountains and there are several horse farms close by.  His neighbors across the way have three stunning Tennessee Walkers.  Sooo we just had to go pay them a visit, with carrots in hand :)





Maya can't get enough of the mountains.  The plethora of sticks, land and other pups to play with is her dream come true (I can't wait to move close to the mountains myself ;))   She spazzed around with branches a good part of the day and she and Plummie had quite a ball chase going for a while.






Awww miss Plummie
I guess I should stop reminiscing about the mountains and get back to reality here in Boca haha.  It really was an awesome trip home and I can't wait until Christmas.  Miss you NC!

Hope everyone is having a great week, the weekend isn't too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment