Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tour Through the Past: Savannah

This past Saturday I met my mom, dad, sister, aunt and family friend in Savannah to start our southern city mini-tour.  I made the drive in 6.5 hours and arrived in time for some afternoon sight-seeing.

Savannah is a beautiful, historic tree-filled town laid out in 22 squares (there used to be 24).

 Each square consists of a park in the middle with stunning homes surrounding it.  I felt at home as soon as we started walking through each square.
Juliette Gordon Low's home - Founder of the Girl Scouts
 Some squares had cafes or coffee shops on the corner - presh
Six Pence Pub- shown in the movie Something to Talk About
Restaurants along the riverfront
Sarah, Aunt Lynn, Mom & Me

Our hotel, the Mulberry Inn
We found a local brewery that had a restaurant in it - Moon River Brewing Company.  I had the Wild Wacky Wit which was quite good.  The food was pretty good too.



Forsythe Square - the largest of them all, over 30 acres

One of my fave houses we saw
 The second night we decided to go check out Tybee Island, which was about a 20 minute drive from Savannah.  It's a super cute beach town, more residential than the beaches you find in North Carolina.
On the pier in Tybee



We had dinner at "Marlin Monroes" on the island - yummy seafood and beautiful scenery.


I absolutely loved Savannah and look forward to the next time I get to visit there.  We left on Monday morning to head to Charleston, with a stop in Beaufort, SC on the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment