Thursday, February 2, 2012

Walks, Happy Hour & HIIT

Grego and I have started incorporated evening walks with the proopa almost every evening and it just makes me so happy.  We usually head out around 5:30 and walk anywhere from one mile to three.  Maya of course loves every second and it's such a great way to clear our minds and get in some fam bonding time.
Let's go mama and dada!

What's over there, Dada??
Happy girl
Last night was a different kind of walk though.  It was a walk to Kapoww, one of our new fave happy hour spots.  Greg enjoyed some craft beers while I enjoyed some house chardonnays.  We shared a few "bar bites" - beef gyoza, charred edamame, sweet potato fries and spring rolls.  Awesome dinner!



Sweet potato fries with a sriracha & sour cream sauce soooo good
After a night of alcohol and rich food, I was ready to start the day on the right foot.  First a bowl of oatmeal then a good HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout that I found on Pinterest.


I don't know about you, but I am not a huge fan of burpees, mountain climbers, or high knees, but they do make for a solid workout.  I went through this list twice and was a hot, sweaty mess afterwards.  I did some additional ab and arm exercises to make it a total body workout.  

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Have you ever tried HIIT?  If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment